No matter where I go these days, I see either security guards, staff or teachers waiting outside of the premises to remind visitors to wash their hands, to ask COVID-19 related questions and make sure they are wearing a facemask before entering. This put the staff at risk as well as add extra work load.
What if we get a robot to do this? they don’t get sick and they follow orders.
Wait no more! CODIE-19 is here to Beat the pandemic with A.I. – Smart Robot powered by Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to Safeguard School Children from the Covid-19 Pandemic by detecting and enforcing health guidelines.
Codie-19, the smart robot can interact with people and ensure that they follow Covid-19 health guidelines before they enter School, Classroom or any other premises. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning, it can detect people who are not wearing a face mask and dispense masks to them if needed. Voice recognition and Text to speech capabilities makes it ideal for human interaction.
How it works:
- It detects if someone is at the entrance using ultrasonic sensors
- Then it uses Face Detection to check if a human is in front of the camera
- Then it wakes up from the sleep and greet the visitor
- Using Text to speech, It asks the visitor if he has washed their hands or not. Then asks if he has any of the COVID-19 symptoms
- It recognizes visitors response using Voice Recognition
- If visitor has not followed anyof the health guidelines, it asks them to complete them and return
- If all is good, Using Machine learning, it detects if the visitor is wearing a face mask or not
- If visitor is not wearing a face mask, it asks him whether he needs a mask or not
- If the response is yes, then it will dispense a face mask to the visitor
- It remind the visitor wear the mask and enter the premises
Things I used to build CODIE-19:
- Teachable Machine Image Model (trained with many images from the internet as well as my own)
- Ultrasonic sensor
- Extra motor and Wheel
- Coil made from aluminium wire (to dispense masks – vending machine mechanism)
- External monitor (to display face animation – i used my tab to mirror screen)
- Cardboard (used the old box that the refrigerator came in)
- Hot glue gun
- Bluetooth speaker